As our homes become more modern, with ever sleeker lines and ever shinier appliances, it provides a wonderful opportunity to ‘mess’ with geometry and put some ornate pieces, that have a clear nod to the past, on our walls and shelves.
As a kid I lived in England for a time and I remember being taken to historical estates, castles and the like. I’ve had a love for ornamentation, classical architecture and art ever since. One of the most treasured items in my home is a beautiful ornate mirror my Mum bought for me many years ago. No matter where it sits it just lifts the whole room and I know I will have it forever.
It’s easy to inject some old-school character into your home or office, even with a simple print. And who knows, like my mirror, perhaps you’ll find something you LOVE and will keep forever.
P.S. The tray below (No.1) is soooo on my Christmas list – what do you think?
1.Versatiles Marius and Martial Long Tray via Liberty £75.00
2. ‘Love Is The Drug’ Print via Culture Label £20.00
3. Decorative Baroque Deer Mirror via Culture Label £124.95
4. Vintage Metal Light Switch Cover via Etsy – $8.50 USD
5. Ornate Victorian Digital Papers via Etsy $4.50 USD
6. Diptyque Jasmine Candle via Mecca Cosmetica $99.00
7. Winding Vines Bathmat via Anthropologie $68.00
8. Vintage Ornate Shelf via Etsy $17.00 USD
9. You Are Loved Decal via Papercookie $28.00