As some of you may know, I’m somewhat of a fashion-finding fiend on my daily blog, Sassenfras. Since the age of 15, when I scored my first ever issue of Vogue magazine, I’ve amassed a substantial amount of fashion knowledge. This may have been to my detriment in that I seem to have lost some really important pieces of information, such as loved ones birthdays and remembering which night is bin night.
But I digress…
One particular designer I follow with much enthusiasm is Karl Lagerfeld (you may know him as the designer who called singer Adele ‘fat’ – an insensitive remark to say the least). While I might question his need to voice such opinions I can’t fault his endless creativity. Amongst his many other pursuits, he is designer for the iconic French label Chanel.
In his work for Chanel, Monsieur Lagerfeld seems to have an never-ceasing passion for simple black and white. He is able to turn this classic combination into creations of such beauty and elegance. Todays post is a small homage to this most dramatic of contrasts.
If only everything in life was this elegantly simple…
1. Marimekko plate via Kiitos $49.00
2. Carnival Coasters via Freedom Furniture $4.95
3.Wood Wall Plaque via Etsy $14.95 USD
4. Black & White Tassel Necklace via Boticca $127.00
5. Contemporary Bird Art via Etsy $259.00 USD
6. Moroccan Pouffe via Gallop Lifestyle $195.00
7. iphone case via MadeIt $16.00
8. Fifi Cross-body bag via House of Fraser £39.00
9. Cleo Dress via Topshop £48.00